Kindergarten through 12th grade English language learners (ELL) are assessed with ACCESS.
According to the ACCESS website, ACCESS:
- is available to WIDA Consortium member states as a primary benefit of membership;
- is administered to Kindergarten through Grade 12 students who have been identified as ELL;
- is given annually to monitor students' progress in learning academic English;
- meets U.S. federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for monitoring and reporting ELLs’ progress toward English language proficiency;
- is anchored in the WIDA English Language Development Standards; and,
- assesses the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.